Sunday, January 29, 2012

Katy Perry / Retro Hair Tutorial

I wanted to do a tutorial on the hair look that I was wearing in my series of "makeup for light to fair skin tones" videos.  This is my favorite way to get my bangs out of the way on a bad hair day.


What you will need:

1 inch curling iron of your choice (mine was from hot tools)
Heat protectant and hair spray
Brush and a rat tail comb
Hair pins

This is a picture of the look from those videos mention earlier.


Using heat protectant....and just a funny picture to laugh at ;) .....


Divide hair in to sections...


Curl sections starting from the bottom and working your way up....


Use a hair pin and quickly pin the curls to your head before they cool down....


HELLO!  Now you can go do your makeup or mow the lawn or whatever...while to curls cool down in their shape.....


After about 15 to 20 minutes minimum, take out each hair pin and let the curls simply fall....


Finger out the curls to loosen them.....


And then part your hair and roll both front sides backward and use the hair pins to keep in in place.
Hair spray once finished :)

Thanks for visiting!!!

Check out my YouTube Channel to see this entire tutorial and a more in depth description of what I am doing.

See you soon!

XOXO
Nicole Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment